Friday 30 January 2009

Late post

This week post arrived forwarded from our old address.

Three items came in a plastic envelope. 'Accountancy' magazine for me: rather puzzled, as thought I'd successfully changed the address but (as often) didn't read it. Two letters for hubbie. One was his payslip, the other some compensation from the train company. Delighted with both ... only to discover it was July's payslip, and August's Accountancy mag (you see how I've missed it?), and the train vouchers have an expiry date. 

Better late than never?

4 comments:

Ladybird World Mother said...

!! Better never, I think, with those 3!! Oh, well, it have you momentary excitment, and thats always OK in my life...

Catharine Withenay said...

Oooh!! Thanks for your comment, and for being my first follower. (That makes me sound like some sort of Asian guru! )

As with most of this blogging lark, it fills me with irrational excitement and joy! Someone's looked! Someone cares!! Thank you!!

I'll go and calm down with a flick through 'Accountancy'...

Working Mum said...

Ha ha! That would be Royal Fail again, then. I once got a confirmation for a course I'd booked on TWO YEARS after I'd been on the course!

Catharine Withenay said...

Thanks, WM. Two years must be something of a record. It would be something of a record for us to be living in the same place two years later...

I plan to update you on the Manchester move sometime soon. Having said that, our planned visit this week is looking doubtful: not sure I want to trek across the Pennines in this weather!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...