- it snows, but you don't have to go out in it (except to make snowmen).
- your children say 'thank you' without prompting.
- someone in the family volunteers to do the washing-up.
- there is peace and quiet, but not because the children are glued to a screen.
- we celebrate together as a family.
I'm having a good day!
Today my son is 9 years old - where did time fly? He has loved his birthday, full of delight with his presents and has, for the large part, played happily with his sister. I have had all the grandparents to stay overnight and the extra hands do make light work!
The Christmas to-do list is still miles long, but today is a day to celebrate and relax. I still have to decorate the birthday cake but otherwise there is just an endless call for cups of tea. And the odd snowball fight.
Tomorrow is time enough to be festive. Tomorrow we'll begin Christmas. Today, we party!