Sunday 9 December 2012

The gay beaver


"How did the auditions go in drama?" I ask my son after school. The lunchtime drama group is planning a production of The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe.

"Oh, fine," comes the typical disinterested response of an 11-year-old boy.

"Do you have a part?"

"Yeah. I'm an animal." (Nuff said!)

"Any particular animal?" I ask.

"Dunno," says my son, already practicing for his teenage years.

"And your friends?"

His face lights up. "Oh, one's a gay beaver!" he declares.

"A gay beaver?" I don't recall this character from my reading of the book.

"Yeah, there are two Mr Beaver's so we've decided he must be a gay beaver."

Not two children sharing one part then? 


Photo credit: Disney, "The Chronicles of Narnia"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...