Wednesday 26 January 2011

3 important things I've learnt this week about the Aga

1  If you take a saucepan out of the oven, then put it on the hob/hot plate, do not then attempt to hold the metal handle without ovengloves on.
The red stripe across my fingers was sore for days. I struggled even to open door handles with my left hand.

2  If the oven door isn't open wide enough, do not knock it open with the back of your hand or wrist without protection.
This time my ovengloves were on ... but if they aren't long enough to cover that part of my arm they are ineffective. The oven door is also hot.



3  Pay attention to the information that Agas do not emit smell. Leaving the pudding in to cook for longer than the required 20 minutes will result in charcoal.
Must remember to use - and pay attention to - the timer.


Aren't you glad I've only had to learn three lessons?

1 comment:

Muddling Along said...

I fail on that last one all the time.... and find various cremated things later on

Worst was discovering the pot of stock in the bottom of the bottom oven several days later

Oops

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...