Monday 9 May 2011

You know you are getting old when...


... you find a piece of tooth in your mouth when eating nothing more innocuous than a cheese-and-marmalade sandwich, and then your dentist says, 'teeth become brittle after the age of 35...'

... when watching a Yorkshire cricket match you note that the first match recorded in your scorebook featured the fathers of two of the current players (Bairstow and Sidebottom, in case you're interested; Yorks v Kent 1979...)

... your son comments on how your shoes are old-fashioned ...

... you remember Now that's what I call music (number free; the first) being released and your children (with Now 78) are confused as they thought one came out every year ...

... the gentleman opposite on the train asks if the two young children you are with (my nephew and niece, taking them home) are your grandchildren...

*reaching for my zimmer-frame*

4 comments:

The bike shed said...

I remember the first 'that's what I call music' too. But hey, old(ish) is cool I reckon; who'd want to be a teenager again?

PS Thanks for comment on blog; glad you enjoyed reading - and yes, come to a Ty Newydd course , you'd enjoy it.

hailey said...

Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you about some broken links on your site. Please email me back and I would be happy to point them out to you.

Hailey William
haileyxhailey@gmail.com

Muddling Along said...

Teeth get brittle? Oh hell

And yes, I remember the single number Now cassettes...

*reaches for zimmer frame too*

Catharine Withenay said...

Mark - that is a valid point. As I enter a new decade the teens are not where I'd choose to return to!

Muddling Along - I know! Teeth! I have years of disasters ahead of me!

In all honesty, it was the grandmother comment that really got to me. Clearly I have aged more than I'd hoped.

:-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...