Tuesday 26 May 2009

Meme - Part 1

A couple of weeks ago Maternal Tales challenged me with a meme that is doing the rounds. I thought I would split the eighteen questions in three and spread them out over the next couple of weeks, so there will be something to read on the blog whilst I am busy packing (and unpacking). Spare a thought for me, if you can...

Meanwhile: here are numbers 1-6

1. What are your current obsessions?

Moving house. It seems to be all I have been thinking about for the last 6 months, further exacerbated by only having moved 5 months before that, and then having moved from Zambia 11 months before that … I could take it up as a profession, if I weren’t so exhausted by it all.


2. Which item of clothes do you wear most often?

Jeans and T-shirt. (Or should I say bra and pants?)

 

3. What's for dinner tonight?

Given I am writing this for the period during which we move, probably pizza. Or at least a microwave meal. I’d love to say a wide selection of vegetables and fruit, with a glass of pure water… but my suspicion is that I’ve gone for the easy option, and for the bottle of wine…

 

4. What's the last thing you bought?

A house? The washing machine? A book (about how to do up my house)? [Have you spotted how my answer to Question 1 fits in now?]

 

5. What are you currently listening to?

I don’t often get a chance to listen to much (other than my children…) but I love listening to ‘He Reigns’ by The Newsboys. It reminds me of Zambia and what a wonderful, multi-cultural world we live in.

 

6. What are your favourite holiday spots?

Our holidays tend to be in new places every time: my husband doesn’t have much patience for going back to a place we’ve been. So I have to keep extending where I would like to go. India would be a great experience; I’d love to take my children to France or Mauritius, so they could practice the language they are learning; I’d be quite happy with a farmhouse in the middle of beautiful, sunny British countryside. Historically, the best was Talin & Riga (Estonia & Latvia), or the Trans-Siberian Railway, or the many group holidays in the UK with friends.

 

I hope this whets your appetite for more! Part 2 on Saturday, the rest next week!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...